All About Me

My photo
So I'm Whitney. I have a wonderful husband and daughter. I'm a wife and SAHM.
I love the beach/ocean and pretty much anything to do with it (maybe not rip tides). My new favorite quote is: “The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.” --I. Dinesen
So that's not necessarily ALL about me, but that's what the blog posts are for! ;) NEWS: I have decided to make this my collections only blog! Most of the pictures on this site are postcards where the pictures have been photgraphed by others and I do not claim that I have been the photographer, publisher, or anything but the recipient of a postcard. Thanks for reading!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Unhealthy Television

So I LOVE television. I can't help it. I do. My favorite time of year is fall because of all the new TV shows! Ok that was a joke, but it's borderline truth. haha
I have Comcast DVR now and it is so amazing! Now Eric and I can actually watch shows together after Faylen goes to bed! And I can record some of Faylen's favorite shows to watch whenever she wants! I can also run errands and never have to worry about missing anything! It's such a great invention!
My summer favorite was Big Brother 11. This was the first year I actually watched every episode. But this year, I went beyond not missing an episode, I read the blogs that the Live Feed Subscribers wrote. WoW. It was a crazy thing. I would read what was going on after Faylen went to bed so it was something to do. I didn't get so bad as to order ShowTime to watch BB After Dark even though I really wanted to! haha But that was my summer tv show obsession.
The Fall Thursday Line Up had my DVR booked. There were 4 shows that all came on in the same hour! That's how ridiculous it is/was!

I'm going to go by the days of the week and point out my favorites in the Primetime hours!

Sunday:
*The Amazing Race @ 8 PM on CBS: I tried to watch this show, but I pretty much just fast forward to the very end to see who went home. Even that was a little boring so I stopped DVR'ing it. haha
*Three Rivers @ 9 PM on CBS: I was going to start watching this, but I never got around to it. I deleted it off my DVR because I am planning on catching it On Demand eventually. We'll see.
*Defying Gravity @ 10 PM on ABC. This was one of our favorites and they cancelled it. Well, they didn't cancel it, they just let stupid Brothers and Sisters take it's time slot. Our only hope to see how the show ends is if SyFy picks it up. Grrr
*Army Wives @ 10 PM on Lifetime. This show is so great! It actually had it's season finale two nights ago so it won't be back on until June 2010 (more than likely).
So Sunday nights are a slow TV day for us now.

Monday:
*Dancing With the Stars @ 8 PM on ABC: I was watching this, but eventually started fastforwarding. I find most of the dancing boring. Sorry. I do look later on to see who was voted off. I think I want Melissa Joan Hart and Aaron Carter to win. I liked most everyone on there this season *wasn't a big fan of Macy Gray though*
*House @ 8PM on FOX: We LOVE this show! We've been watching it since the first episode. Minus Season 5 because Eric was deployed and I waited on him to get back to watch it with him. We are all caught up now and are as happy with the show as we've ever been!
*Heroes @ 8 PM on NBC: We are slowly catching up to where the show is now through Netflix. We still have about 13 more episodes until we can watch the new season. It's a great show though (where I left off anyways).
*Lie To Me @ 9 PM on FOX: Great show! We watch every episode together and can't wait for tonight's episode!
*Trauma @ 9 PM on NBC: This show is similar to Three Rivers as I meant to watch it, but haven't. It has been deleted off my DVR too. Maybe I'll catch it online some time.

Tuesday:
*The Biggest Loser @ 8 PM on NBC: Eric doesn't like this show, but I usually DVR and watch later. It's pretty good. I like most all the contestants on this show too.
*NCIS LA @ 9 PM on CBS: Pretty good show! I love Chris O'Donnell. My Mom and step dad got me to start watching NCIS, but I started to watch the spin off only.
*The Good Wife @ 10 PM on CBS: Really good show! I really like Julianna Margulies and I've missed her since the ER days. I hope this show lasts because I think it's a great idea!
*Hells Kitchen @ 8 PM on FOX: I completely forgot about this show because it wasn't on the Wikipedia list because the season finale was tonight. I hope Dave wins, but we're going to watch it tomorrow night because Eric didn't have time tonight. Great show! I can't wait until next season!

Wednesday:
*The Middle @ 830 PM on ABC: Pretty funny. We don't usually watch sitcoms, but this one drew us in because of Neil Flynn.
*Modern Family @ 9 PM on ABC: I thought this show was pretty hilarious. We'll see where they take it, but I love the fact that it's a mockumentary!
*Toddlers and Tiaras @ 10 PM on TLC: I love this show for some reason! Seriously.

Thursday:
*Community @ 8 PM on NBC: It was on a 10 PM, but it has moved up so now it conflicts with 3 other shows. It takes priority because Eric likes it over the other ones. haha It is hilarious though! I love Joel McHale. He's honestly one of my fave TV people! This is one of our rare sitcoms.
*FlashForward: @ 8 on ABC: Pretty good show. I was actually a little bored (until the end) with the last episode. It's a really great idea for a show though so we'll see where it goes!
*Survivor Samoa @ 8 PM on CBS: Good show. I have to catch up On Demand, but it's interesting. Yet again- this is the firs time I've watched this far into the season!
*Vampire Diaries @ 8 PM on CW: I was watching this show, but I've missed the last 3 episodes. This is because I don't want Faylen to see this one so I can't watch it during the day (she won't nap) and I'm a scaredy cat so I won't watch it by myself at night! haha Oh and Eric won't watch it with me. Oh well. Someday I'll catch up!
*Grey's Anatomy @ 9 PM on ABC: Of course I watch this show! I have since the beginning. Still pretty bummed they killed of George, but at least Izzie is still here (for now).
I miss ER in the 10 PM spot on NBC. Sad.

Friday:
We don't really watch TV on Friday nights. Usually a movie or we're out of the house.
*SouthLAnd on NBC should be starting again on this night in a couple of weeks. Can't wait! [Before I even post this the first time I would like to say that I just found out they cancelled this on Oct 8- UGH]
If 20/20 looks like it will be interesting I will DVR it.

Saturday:
I sometimes DVR the new episodes of COPS. haha
If we like the host on SNL we'll watch that. That's pretty rare though...

So that's it for our primetime lineup! I do have the random shows that I watch during the week. Like Conan O'Brien, Jay Leno, and the occasional Bonnie Hunt Show.
I do like to see parts of the VH1 shows Tool Academy II and Real Chance of Love. Those people are crazy, but I have to know how wins/gets picked all the same! haha
True Life on MTV is also one of my favorites!

This post is dedicated to Dirty Sexy Money, Defying Gravity, and now SouthLAnd. We get really sick of the good shows being cancelled.


No comments:

Post a Comment