All About Me

My photo
So I'm Whitney. I have a wonderful husband and daughter. I'm a wife and SAHM.
I love the beach/ocean and pretty much anything to do with it (maybe not rip tides). My new favorite quote is: “The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.” --I. Dinesen
So that's not necessarily ALL about me, but that's what the blog posts are for! ;) NEWS: I have decided to make this my collections only blog! Most of the pictures on this site are postcards where the pictures have been photgraphed by others and I do not claim that I have been the photographer, publisher, or anything but the recipient of a postcard. Thanks for reading!

Friday, October 23, 2009

The WE Channel

So I just watched this show, The Secret Lives of Women, on WE. WoW. This is a new show for me. The first particular episode that caught my attention was about Little People. The one I watched tonight was about Strange Relationships or something like that. It was quite.. um... interesting! There were four couples being profiled.
One young couple was from Puyallup, WA and their relationship is different because the guy is 6'4 and the girl is 2'8. They had a baby against all odds and she ended up being a little person too- very adorable! I thought this couple actually seemed like someone my family and I could hang out with.
Another young couple ended up being first cousins. They weren't really people I would hang out with, but that had nothing to do with their being attracted to one another. They were just a little awkward I guess.
An older couple were "strange" because he was transgender and she was bi. She claimed now she had the best of both worlds. Oh- and I'm pretty sure he should still be considered a man because he still had all his female parts (minus boobs) and I think that stills makes him a her, but that's another things. Whatever floats your both- I'm not one to judge.
Anyways- the last couple was also a little older and they dress up as fairies. You've probably actually seen the man in this pair on other shows. I know I've seen him on Conan O'Brien before. I think it's great they have enough self confidence to dress as they do. And he has great hair! haha
With both of the older couple though- it seemed like the women were quite a bit older than the men, but I don't recall the ages ever being revealed so I could be wrong.
But, this show just goes to show you that you can't help who you fall in love with...
Speaking of that- I also saw a show the other night about a mother who fell in love with her son. I had to see what that was all about after Faylen went to sleep. She was forced to give him up for adoption at a young age and when she met him again when he was older, she fell in love with him. It was a sort of displacement because he already had his adoptive mom and didn't want a new one, so his biological mom took the place of his "girlfriend" (her words not mine). Oh and they never acted on the emotions because it was one-sided by the mom. She knew what she felt was wrong, but couldn't help it. She said as long as the adult doesn't act on anything then it's not breaking any laws. She also said that once she became engaged to someone else all those feelings for her son went away. She wrote a book...

But I love shows like this. True Life on MTV, Truth Be Told on TLC (ok most things on TLC), anything about other people's lives. I'm kind of fascinated with other people- especially those that are different from me. I would love to find a job that would have anything to do with studying people! Any ideas? I'm going to do some research! Sociology anything- just have to figure out what jobs will go from there right?! ha

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment